CRAZY THINGS WE HAVE GOTTA DO BEFORE TINY TEDDY ARRIVES!

  • Find a great name!(harder than it sounds folks!)
  • Pack Tam's bag for the hospital(NB: Include lots of chocolate)
  • Glean a few tips from baby books.
  • Pack Ky's bag too.Make sure it include at least one ball and his fave teddy, Karak
  • Did I mention find a name?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Forget the new Bond, how about the new MacGyver!


After I had completed one of my early morn skipping sessions on the roof of the building(in mid Oct) I got a rude shock. The door to the roof had locked behind me and I was stranded 20 floors above ground. As time ticked away and without sign that anyone from below had noticed my plight, I put my jumprope over the railing and tried to thwack our A/C, to raise the alarm to Tam who was on the 19th floor. When that plan literally fell short, I attached my headphones to the rope and tried again. Still too short, I ripped the drawstring off my board shorts and tied that to the end of my line. Again luckless I attached both of the fraying shoelaces from my sneakers. Finally I connected with the aluminium and my clanging raised Tam's attention. Tam initially thought it was a deranged bird and then, realising it was only a rope, felt a strong urge to tug the line. Thankfully, however, she heard my cry for help and came to my rescue. It goes without saying I was rather happy to see her. A week later I was out on our balcony hanging up laundry when I heard a cry of 'Hello, Hello' from above. It was another luckless sole who too had found himself trapped. Knowing exactly what he was going thru I played rescuer this time. Since that day I haven't cast a glance at my jumprope or taken the two flight journey to the roof . I'm pretty sure the other fella hasn't either!

No comments: