CRAZY THINGS WE HAVE GOTTA DO BEFORE TINY TEDDY ARRIVES!

  • Find a great name!(harder than it sounds folks!)
  • Pack Tam's bag for the hospital(NB: Include lots of chocolate)
  • Glean a few tips from baby books.
  • Pack Ky's bag too.Make sure it include at least one ball and his fave teddy, Karak
  • Did I mention find a name?

Monday, January 08, 2007

One final hurrah!

As bizarre as it may sound, you can become quite attached to something mechanical.
In my case, it was my trusty stead, ' my steel horse that I ride..err rode'(apologies to Jon Bon Jovi) my Suzuki 90 scooter.

Since buying it from our good friend Rebecca just prior to my folks coming to Taiwan in 2004, we had travelled a long way together, my bike and I. Countless journeys to schools all over Fengyuan, many, many trips to Taichung for Chinese lessons and a whole lot more: it had been an awesome set of wheels.

Just before I sold it to an American girl, who had recently started at Berhand School, I took it for one last ride. Donning my beloved 'Buggles' riding glasses, I cranked it up to some ridiculous speed and let the cool wind pummel my face as I roared along the 'bullet way' not far from Franklin school.

A final shot in front of my great school. Franklin American School, and another outside Berhand and I was on 'shanks pony' once again, just as Tam and I had been when we first came here two and a half years ago.

I hope the girl who bought it from me had as much fun with that bike and as many good times as I did.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: